Director of Coaching
DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Branch: Emory Folmar YMCA Soccer Complex
Deadline: Resumes accepted until Friday, May 14, 2022
Salary: $38,000-$40,000-Full Time Exempt, Full Benefits including Health Insurance
The Director of Coaching is responsible for organizing and implementing all competitive soccer programs for the Capital City Streaks the competitive component of the YMCA of Greater Montgomery. This position will be expected to recommend and execute strategies for player retention and recruitment, as well as manage team formation, game scheduling and competitive coach development. This position requires extended hours on the fields and traveling with teams throughout the season. The Director of Coaching will also demonstrate leadership, show enthusiasm, work efficiently while paying attention to detail and display a positive and professional attitude at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Organize and implement all Alabama FC South Premier Soccer Club (AFC) programs. (Including tryouts, recruiting, creating teams/rosters, scheduling games, securing referees, conducting coaches meeting, coaches training and other task required to have a successful competitive program).
• Create partnership/relationships with local schools, churches and day care centers.
• Create, Direct and lead the Summer/Winter camps and clinics.
• Oversee player development and create club player development curriculum.
• Coach one AFC team if time permits.
• Attend AFC games to evaluate the program’s effectiveness.
• Volunteer to conduct clinics for local churches and other youth programs to market our competitive programs.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise all AFC paid professional coaches.
• Design and develop marketing materials for each program.
• Conduct end of season surveys for the AFC programs.
• Prepare and manage the annual budget for the AFC Streaks programs within approved budget guidelines.
• Carries out all association policies concerning management, administration and accounting procedures.
• Communicates positively and effectively with all participants, volunteers and staff, including timely response to emails and phone calls and requests for information.
• Assist the Vice President with all major events being hosted by the YMCA of Greater Montgomery at the Emory Folmar YMCA Soccer Complex or Indoor Arena.
• Secure team sponsorships for AFC.
• Assist the Vice President in the Annual Campaign.
• Other duties/task as assigned by the Vice President.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• USSF “D” Coaching License required.
• USSF “C” or NSCAA/United Soccer Coaches Association Certificate Preferred.
• CPR, First Aid, Blood borne pathogens required with 30 days of employment.
• Child Abuse Prevention Training within 30 days of employment.
Submit resume and six references to Manny Sanchez, V. P. of Soccer at email@example.com
The Montgomery YMCA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is subject to a background check.